Sunday, June 8, 2008

I promised pictures!

So I'm delivering.
First up, A pair of Tofutsies Socks. I love this yarn. The socks end up so lightweight, perfect for year round wear. These aren't colors that normally grab me, but they reminded me of a sunset. And I can be a little daring on my feet! Colors in my shoes don't necessarily need to look great next to my face, so I use my sock yarn to branch out, color wise.
One sock done. I'm not sure exactly what I did for the heel. I know how to duplicate it for the other heel, but it's not a heel that I've done before. I think I unvented something here, a box heel maybe? It's quite narrow and fits really well on my foot. It just looks and fits differently than any other heel that I've done and I really thought I was doing it exactly like I normally do...
Close up of the colors, isn't it pretty? I'm not a pink girl. And I'm not big on yellow. And the only orange I like is in the peach to deep russet shades. But the way it's blended in these socks, it just screams summer time. And since it's JUNE and we just now started getting above 70 degrees on a somewhat normal basis, I need a little bit of summer time.
My first squash blossom of the year! I don't actually remember what kind of squash this one is. I have Anna Swartz, Australian butter and Guatemalan blue out there.
And the roses are fully testifying to the fact that even though spring was dreadfully short, summer is finally trying to come. They are in full bloom. Our house is surrounded by color right now. And I'm a busy little gardener trying to keep up with keeping them trimmed back so that they don't get nasty looking.
I'm making a big bread salad for dinner tonight. And an Italian bean salad with flat bread for lunches this week. So if the salad turns out, you may be seeing some pics & recipes up later today.

In the job front, no news back about the interview. It went ok. Very nice woman who interviewed me, odd interview though. No longer than 5 minutes. After talking over they pay & position with the husbeast, we've decided that if it is offered, I'm going to refuse. It's closer to home, and a little bit better position, but it's less money. And Something about this job just doesn't feel right. I have two applications out, in particular, that I'm very excited about and I want to find out about those. I've got a job for now, it's not the best, but it pays well and I'm learning new things every day. I'm not going to settle this time around. I want a job that can turn into a career. And this position just wasn't it. So I'll keep looking. I know the right job is out there, and I'm hoping those 2 positions call me back, SOON!

2 comments:

Jo said...

That is a very pretty socks. I just noticed one one my squash plants has a bloom on it as well - yay! Things are growing!

pamelstarr said...

I really think your sock are beautiful. Great Job. Love your site. I have a knitting blog also;
http://beklo.com/knittingdaze