Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Brrrr...

It's so cold! We've suddenly fallen into autumn, with no more warning than we went into spring. It was 47 outside and 64 inside this morning when I woke up. Talk about not wanting to get up! We're determined not to run the heater until the end of the month, so it may be time to pull up the space heaters. We've had the AC off since about the last week or two of August, so we're really trying to leave the heater off. The energy bill will reward us. Also, we're going to need to refill the oil before running the heater too much, and we really can't afford that at the moment. Hopefully next month, we can afford to refill the oil.
The forecast for this weekend says highs in the upper 70's, so I guess it's not time to put away summer clothes all together, but it is definitely time to pull out the sweaters and hand knit socks. I realized this morning that I need more pairs of socks! The last pair of Tofutsies that I finished are on display at the shop, so I can't wear them. One Jaywalker is done and I'm a little over 2 inches into the other one, I just need to focus my energies at it. I've stalled out on the lacy airy wrap sweater from fitted knits. It was all going swimmingly until I picked up the sleeve stitches. Now I'm about 3 rows down the sleeve and I don't like the join under the arm. It's got a lot of holes surrounding tight stiches. So I have to decide whether or not that will block out or if I want to rip it back and figure out how to make it go away. So it's on hold until I can deal with it. The crocheted jacket in the last post is coming along. I'm over halfway up the second front. Only problem is that I only have one more ball of yarn and two sleeves left to go. And the dye lot is over a year old. So I have to figure out how to incorporate a new dye lot into the old without it looking like I fudged it. I have an idea. I just don't want to execute it right now.
SO what did I do? I stared a new project. I'm making a little stuffed horse for my aunt for Christmas and I've promised Michelle to make up a new "shop cat." The horse only has 2 legs left, then I'll start the cat. Hopefully those fast projects will help me pull through on these others. And I must finish the 2 pairs of socks OTN.

No comments: