Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Ravelry is very good

Especially on the day the new http://www.knitty.com/ comes out. Why? Because it tells me I already have 6 items on the needles. Granted, I don't remember where one of them is in the mess I call home, but I have 6 in the works. None is above 60% completed right now. I can not, can not, can not cast on for a new project. But I so want to... So very very much.

I want to make a shrug for my doggie. She won't like it one bit, I don't think, but I just need to see her in it. Doesn't matter that she's 50 lbs and way above the sizes in the pattern, I just think she needs one.

And I love the socks. All the socks. I have lots of sock yarn too. But my socks in progress are the project I can't find. And I've loaned out my cable needle for them and haven't gotten it back yet. So do they really count? I just finished a pair of socks last night, of my own design, super secret project. I haven't decided yet how I'm publishing the design. Probably a free PDF linked through here and Ravelry. We'll see. May just decide to submit it someplace, which is why it's super secret right now. So I'm sockless at the moment. Does that mean I can cast on? No. It means I get my tush in gear and find the missing sock.

But the real project that's got me befuddled and wishing I could just cast it all aside? It's Jeanie. I'm in love with everything about this project. I am in a state of cable lust right now. Almost all my projects OTN are either cabled or lace and *sigh* I feel like I must have this shawl. I don't even like knitting rectangular stoles. Not at all. They bore me after about 10 inches. So Why, oh Why, does this project torment me so? It's all I can do not to buy yarn for it. I think it would be amazing out of the Habu 1/6 roving and we have a hank here at work that's just plain perfect. Almost exactly the yardage needed. But I can't... I really can't...

Well... Maybe I can. It will take a week to finish drying if I dye it tonight and if I wait till this weekend to dye it, it will take all next week to dry. That means that I have 2 weeks to get a couple things off the needles and cast on for this project. The baby hat will take another hour or two to finish. The rest? I'm not sure. Maybe I'll use this project as a reward for writing up the pattern for the previously mentioned socks. I'm such and ADD knitter. There must me something in the air, because I've noticed a lot of us have caught castonitis lately. But isn't it lovely?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i was so excited to read that the new Knitty came out that I actually siad "YES!" outloud in the middle of the computer lab at school...I got some weird looks. But I agree that the new patterns are so exciting.

Knits in Church said...

Hooray for ADHD knitting! I lost count of the projects I have going at the moment, but I have at least four pairs of socks OTN right now.
Naomi