Tuesday, June 24, 2008

It's a mental health day...

And I've been spinning. I couldn't face work today. I can't really explain it. But every time that I tried to get ready, I started crying. Eventually, I decided it was time to just let myself off the hook for the day. It's been a long couple of days. And I hardly slept last night. So after contacting work, I went back to bed. Slept for 3 more hours. And felt half way to human.

And so I finished up this yarn. And I started a shawl. And I'm just picking up the hook to work on my skirt. And I have an entire box full of fluff waiting for me to spin up.

Isn't this stuff gorgeous? It's about 150 yards, dk-worsted, 80% wool, 20% Tussah Silk. And it's yummy.

This last picture is the most color accurate. I tweaked settings in photoshop to try and get a really close match on these pictures, and I'd say this one got pretty close. So now I'm going to go veg out on sappy tv shows and work on this skirt. I'm hoping tomorrow goes a little better.

2 comments:

Knits in Church said...

Hope tomorrow goes better for you!

anne said...

lovely spinning!

Hope you're feeling better.

TTFN,
sunnybeach