Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Zucchini Has Arrived



These two zucchinis were the first to be harvested. One yielded 3 cups of densely packed zucchini shreds that are currently residing in two zucchini bread loaves in my kitchen. They smell amazing but are just too hot to cut yet. I'm excited to try it. Unfortunately, my Flickr is at it's max upload for the month of June, so no recipe & pics until July, unless I decide to fuss around with my photobucket account. These zucchini plants are overachievers. I swear, these two that I picked are around 2 lbs a piece. They're huge! And Now one is bread. The other will become dinner sometime this week. I'm thinking about trying a zucchini Parmesan using a baked eggplant parm recipe. The texture of this first one was really close to an eggplant, so I think it will work.

In knitting news, I'm almost done with a baby sweater. So pictures of that to come soon. And Steven's black sweater of doom has only 1.5 arms to go and a few small finishing details before it is done. The edging of doom on the PNW shawl is still in progress. I believe I've finished 18 or so out of the 31 edging repeats, so the hope is to finish these three projects by the end of July. We'll see how that goes!

End of July plans have been finalized! We'll be on the Oregon Coast for the last weekend. A whole 5 days off work! It'll be the closest thing to a vacation we've taken since our honeymoon. I'm pretty darned excited. It should be fantastic. Several of my relatives from Cali are coming up that weekend and my birthday is the 31st, so it should be lotsa fun!

1 comment:

regiknits said...

I love zucchini parmesan. I think I like it even better than eggplant parmesan. Get ready for more. I planted three zucchini plants once. I had the whole neighborhood eating squash all summer.