Sunday, July 20, 2008

Handspun!

I'm alive. Everyone's ok. We're tired. We're overwhelmed. We're frustrated. But we're alive and surviving. I have lots of posts for you today. The first is my most recent handspun!

First up, 100% mohair. This was a blast to spin. It gets so nice and fluffy. And the colors are really pretty. This went to my downstream summer love secret pal.


And second is some wool. I'm not sure what breed. I got this gorgeous batt in a swap and it just said wool. About dk weight, plied with a rainbow colored rayon sewing thread. I'm at about 150 yards so far and have about 1/3 of the batt left to spin up. Should end up just over 200 yards total, maybe slightly more. I'm hoping to do a baby jacket out of this, might end up doing some contrast trim to stretch it. No, we're not having a baby. But with the way that my friends seem to be reproducing, it seems smart to keep a few things going just to make sure that my gift giving is covered. And we will, eventually, be having one. We just have to figure out where we're moving & how to afford the move first. Then we'll get to the happily ever after, one big family, part.

No comments: