Tuesday, July 1, 2008

It's already July 1!

I'm not entirely sure where the last few months have gone, but they've just rushed by! They are just a blur of hotter and hotter days, learning a new job, sending out applications for more enjoyable jobs, spinning up a storm, and watching the weeds try to take over the world.

2 weeks ago I got a haircut, and I'm just now getting around to sharing. I love it. I think this is one of my favorite cuts that I've gotten in a while.

And while out walking Mill Creek after getting it cut, we found these HUGE dandelions. These things are massive!

But aren't they pretty? I have spinning to share with you, a really pretty mohair that I spun up this weekend. I'm starting to get a stockpile of hand spun around. I'm thinking about putting it up on Etsy... But I'm still not all that confident in my skills. Most of the hanks have at least one join in them where the yarn broke in the plying process, and I don't think I'm comfortable listing them that way. On the other hand, I'm never going to make my way through using all this fiber! I just can't decide if I feel "good enough" to sell it or not.

More pictures later this week, fiber ones next time!

4 comments:

Jo said...

Dandelions from Mrs! Holy cow! (Cute hairdo, too!)

Knits in Church said...

Cute hair! And have you considered giving handspun yarn as gifts? That's what most of my knitting/crocheting/weaving relatives will be getting for gifts this year.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
The style of hair is very cute and looking very beautiful.

Anonymous said...

The style of hair is cute.