Monday, February 11, 2008

Christopher's Angels

My January project has been one of my more challenging projects. Not because it was difficult, not because the techniques were advanced, only because I was dealing with the little tiny pieces intended for preemies. Christopher's Angels has been one of my main focuses this last month. I've done so much knitting for myself over the years. I do give things away to family, but I'd never gotten into the charity knitting scene. It was something I wanted to do, but couldn't figure out how to choose between all the great causes out there. Then one of the ladies on a the KnittyBoard goes through an event that no woman should ever have to endure. When the board members came together to knit preemie clothes to donate in memory of her son, I knew what I needed to work on. I started January first and whenever I had a chance, I crocheted or knit up a little piece to add to the package. The items need to reach the UK by the first of March, so I finished up my last hat today and I'll be sticking it in the mail tomorrow. I'll continue making these pieces, now that I've been exposed to the experience. If they don't send anymore to her hospital, I'll be sending them up to the NICU in Spokane, or possibly talking to one of our local hospitals to see if they have a need. They don't have the ability to deal with the itty-bitty one's here, so I'm not sure how many of these items they go through. So, Christopher William, you will be remembered. Because your mommy loved you so much and because we think your mommy is just amazing. We only wish we'd had a chance to get to know you. I hope these items will help heal the pain of the families that they are destined for.

3 comments:

tina said...

Bless your heart for knitting for the NICU. Very few things will ever leave your needles with more blessings attached to them...........

Leann I Am said...

What a great cause! I've just learned how to knit in the last couple of months. My knitting isn't exactly 'giftworthy' just yet. However, I am making lots of hats and scarves for myself and my family. I'll get there. And when I do, I hope I can use my newfound talent as well as you have!

They look great and have an outstanding day!

ChestyLove said...

Thank you, Foodie, for remembering my little boy. I can't say what it means, but thank you.