Tuesday, November 6, 2007

2 More FO's.

Cherie Amour from the newest knitty. I made this out of a double strand of Mountain Colors Weaver's Wool, Evergreen. Ravelry Link
A few mods here:
- Shortened bottom lace section by one
repeat, shortened ribbing by 3 rows,
increased upper lace section by one
repeat before splitting for
neckline. This made the ribbing fall
under the bust line instead of
creeping up.

- No ribbing at the end of sleeves.
This eleminates the belling out in
the original pattern. I just ended
with a WS row and then cast off.

- Sleeves done from top down. Picked
up stitches around arm hole and
worked down from there, decreasing
2 stitches (one on each side) just past the
elbow.

- I ended up seaming about 2 inches of
the v-neck together to help the
shoulders stay up. At full open, the
shoulders kept slipping off. This
helped to pull them in enough to
stay up.

2X2 Rib hat, no pattern. Made out of Baby Alpaca Brush by Plymouth. DH stole my main winter hat last weekend and I had to figure something out to keep my ears warm! This was an incredibly fast solution. One day, maybe 4 hours total start to finish.

4 comments:

Eryn said...

I just started Cherie Amour! I hope mine looks as good as yours. I'll keep your mods in mind when I get to the bodice.

Knittypants said...

Your Cherie Amour looks fabulous, I just love the color you used.

kemtee said...

Brava. They look great.

Beth said...

Ooh, that's a very nice looking sweater.