Sunday, November 25, 2007

BlogStalk: Thanksgiving Edition

For Thanksgiving, it was myself, my husband, and a friend who couldn't make it to see his family for the holiday. Since no one should be alone for their first holiday without family, we made him come over. The husband played video games with him and I cooked. A lot.

We had duck:
IMG_1922

The first time I've ever cooked a duck, first time I've ever tasted duck. It tasted just like the dark meat of the turkey to me, but then again, I only had 2 bites. The husband says it was quite good. Next year, it's vegetarian meatballs or loaf. No more poultry in this kitchen!

Sides #1:
IMG_1921

Salad, salad dressing, and the roast tofu, that was cold by this time, but I didn't know that.

Sides #2:
IMG_1920

Cranberry Sauce, From scratch!, dressing, green beans with lots of garlic, roast garlic mashed potatoes, and turkey gravy. The bread isn't pictured because it was a minor disaster and I didn't feel like showing you it's issues.

No comments: