Tuesday, August 21, 2007

FO: Tofutsies Socks


Basic Toe-Up socks, a blend of a few different patterns that I use, with toe-up sock flap, size US1 needles. I love this yarn! Love it! It works up so light and soft. It doesn't stretch too much and the cast on is a little splitty. But once past the first row or two, it is so nice to work with. And it comes in such fun colors! I love it so much that I started a pair of Jaywalkers out of another color:

The green is pooling a lot, not sure why. None of the other colors are pooling, but the green is. I've figured out that if I play with my gauge a little (one or two tight rows, followed by a few looser rows) helps to cut down on the pooling. Because I have midget feet, I'm sizing them down. I cast on 68 and took 2 stitches out of each repeat. I'm still not sure they'll be tight enough around the foot, but I can tighten them up a little in the gusset if that becomes a problem.

No comments: