Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Guess what I did this weekend?

We went camping! Here:
It was so pretty! There had been bear sightings though, so I got all freaked out and didn't sleep well. But overall, it was a blast. We got one of the last sites in the campground and set up our tent for the very first time since we got it. It was a wedding present - so 2.5 years later we finally got to use it! We had a great time.



I still haven't taken knitting pictures. I love how the ballet tank turned out. Coachella, I'm not so fond of. I'm not sure what happened with my gauge, but she's not fitting. I can't seem to get the fabric to collapse down and relax like it did in my swatch. I am going to do a last ditch attempt to fix it by tossing it in the machine, but then it'll be sent to my ridiculously skinny relatives in Cali if it still doesn't fit.

I have started the Airy blah blah wrap sweater from Fitted Knits. (I don't remember the whole name, it's very long). I'm doing it out of the Habu lace weight that I hand-dyed a while ago. The colors are a little too pastel for me, so I'll be over dying it when it's done. I'm loving it so far though. I started it on Friday and I'm almost through the body already. It's a great, fast, knit. I'm making a few mods on it so I'll write those up when I post it.

Oh yes, the class. It went ok. 3 girls and 1 boy showed up. They were all 8-9 and LOUD. The boy was very very loud. The boy and one girl caught on quite quickly. The other two are struggling a lot and didn't want to be shown the correct way to do things. So we'll see how they end up doing. They were utterly exhausting and tomorrow I am teaching from noon straight through to 3. One adult intermediate followed by the kids. And then Thursday is the kids again. And Friday is the day that all the classes are done. Freedom.
No big plans for the upcoming weekend, just relaxing, cleaning, and cooking. Joy.

No comments: