Monday, August 6, 2007

What I did on my summer vacation...



It obviously wasn't much knitting! This is "My So Called Scarf" done in Manos Del Uruguay, color #109 I believe. The tags are around here somewhere but I can't find them at the moment. I bought the yarn in a fantastic little shop called Nestuca Bay Yarns. I had shopped there when it was Dharma Yarns, but they never had a very good selection. But the new owner has really upgraded the selection. There's so much more than previously. And I had my first run-in with Manos. I stood in front of the display in utter bliss. It took me nearly 20 minutes to pick a color - there was just too too much to choose from. I also picked up a little something for my downline SP9 while there!

After the yarn store, I met up with my aunt and cousin at the Oregon Coast Aquarium. I hadn't been in at least a year and it had been much longer for them. We had so much fun! It's always been one of my favorite aquariums. I also picked up a few things for my pal here. There are lots of pictures of OCA on my flickr page (Click the scarf picture to go there). I also got to meet a fellow knittyhead while down south. I took a brief detour down to her sweet shop (SR Fudge & Stuff) and picked up some AMAZING brownies. They were so very good.

We celebrated my birthday at least 3 times, with two different cakes. I got sunburned. The beach was hot and muggy on Saturday, which was so strange. It was always so cold when I lived there! We drove back, stopping at Woodland Woolworks - where I spent all together too much money (fiber pictures will be up later this week). We also stopped at Multnomah Falls on the way back.

All in all, it was a fantastic trip. Coming back to reality has really sucked. It's the first time that I've ever wished that I could stay longer. Normally I'm drained and sick of the coast by the second day, but this trip went so very well that I wanted to stay longer.

But it had to come to an end, so I'm back here in the desert wondering when we'll be able to move. We looked at an area to move to on our way back up here. This next year may be really interesting... We keep saying we're going to move, but it might actually happen this time. I don't think I can spend another summer here. It's too bloody hot.

1 comment:

Knits in Church said...

When we were there for spring break, Dharma Yarns re-opened THE DAY AFTER we had to fly back to Kansas. I was so sad!