Sunday, October 7, 2007

The big red thing that we will not speak of after today...

So I promised you pictures and content about the red thing that threatened my sanity last week. This is what the cursed red yarn turned into:
My boss loves it. She absolutely loves it. So I guess that this story ends well. I'm still mad at the yarn. And at the pattern designer. I went back to double check the pattern requirements. I would have been about 300 yards short of the total yardage for the pattern. But here were my mods: No collar, no belt, 5 inches less on body length, 2 inches less on each sleeve. That should have eliminated at least 300 yards, But no. Instead, I bought an extra hank of yarn that I will probably never use. But I already split it into two balls and used half of one of them, so no returning it. Pooh. All well. I never have to work with it again. That's my consolation prize.

But I promised you a picture. So I gave it to you. Enjoy.

No comments: