Sunday, October 7, 2007

PayPerPost Introduction

After seeing a friend of mine over on LiveJournal posting numerous posts about payperpost, I’ve decided to follow in her footsteps. PayPerPost is a blog advertising company that pays us to review various websites and help spread the word.

I'm learning about so many new companies by looking at all the opportunities I have through this site. I'm excited to get to share some of them with you.

Mainly, I'm doing this because we are desperately trying to pay off debt right now and this seemed like another way to add to our income that didn’t require selling our souls to an MLM. It is a great alternative to a second job. I’m at the computer anyway; why not make some money off of it? This means you guys will be seeing more posts! They ask that we keep the blogs at least 50% regular blog content – aka: not ads. So that means more pictures, more recipes, more life questions, and more general chatter from me!

I’m really hoping this turns out to be helpful to our finances. Our goal is to be able to get through the holidays with less debt, not more. So initially, my earnings will be going towards Christmas presents and towards our travel fund. Once the holidays are over, all my earnings are being dumped into our debt. If I want to go to school fall of ’09, we need to be out of this ridiculous credit card debt. September knocked us back some, DH’s car had some serious issues and it was the tail end of my summer paychecks at part time. Now that I’m back up at full time, I’m really hoping it will get easier. I understand that ad content may drive some readers away. I’m not happy about that, but I’m ok with it. I blog about knitting and food because I love it and I’ll keep writing about what I love. But we absolutely must have some more money coming in from somewhere and this is the perfect fit for right now.

No comments: