Thursday, October 25, 2007

BlogStalk: 3 I love, 3 I hate

I love fall. I love everything about this season. The colors, the smells, the weather, the leaves, warm drinks, hand knits. All of it. It is my favorite season.

I love the beach. And the ocean. I love the sound. I love how calm it makes me. I miss it a lot up here. It's really quiet here compared to the coast.


I love nature. And photographing nature. It's pretty amazing what you can capture on a little screen if you try hard enough.

As for my hates, no pictures. I use the word hate a lot, but when I sit down and think about it, they're all more pet-peeves that true hate.
1. I can't stand people without common sense. I have no patience for them. If you're stupid enough to get yourself into the situation, there's probably not a lot I can do for you so don't ask.
2. I hate ants. One of the main reasons we moved was because of the ants in the foundation of our old duplex. It was nasty and disturbing. I think this is one of my only true "hates"
3. The other is earwigs. I have an intense, irrational fear of them stemming back to my insane mother who thought that shaping her children with fear was a good plan. Therefore, hate, loathe, and am terrified of earwigs.
4. Since that kind of goes with 3, I'm going to give you a bonus. I can't stand ironing. See my post from last Friday. Hate, Hate, Hate ironing. It makes my back and knees hurt, it makes the house smell like warm, moist cotton, and it's beyond boring. Oh yeah, and the humidity makes my hair frizz.

2 comments:

Sue, aka seiding said...

Yeah, earwigs are disgusting. I'm not a bug squealer in general, but those things are icky!

Oh, and I haven't ironed in about five years.

Jo said...

I miss living near the ocean as well. I'm not far from it now, but it always has to be such a big production to get there.