Thursday, July 19, 2007

Baby Sweater FO!

It's finished! This is the EZ Baby sweater from the newest Vogue Knitting. It's kind of a confusing pattern, but I just did what looked right at the points where I had no idea what she wanted me to do, and I'd say it turned out pretty well. It's done in Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece (Yum. One of my favorite summer yarns) on size US 7 needles. It took about 2 weeks but then I put off finishing the edging, so that ended up putting me into week 3. I just found out that one of my friends is having a baby so once she finds out boy or girl, I'll be fancy-ing this up, adding gender appropriate buttons, finishing the edging on the sleeves, and doing some embroidery if it's a girl. Very cute, easy, quick knit. Using the correct gauge yarn and not doing i-cord trim, you could easily get through this in a week. Just a quick crocheted edge would work nicely in place of the i-cord. I didn't like how un-finished the garter stitch edges looked, so I feel that it needs some kind of edging.

The Oasis Ballet Cami will probably be finished today or tomorrow. I have a few more rows on the back straps, then just need to shape the front, seam the shoulders, crochet the edging, and block. Yippee! Which will give me 2 FO's off my list and I can start Coachella!

I've been told that I have a SP9 package on the way, I'm expecting it today or tomorrow, and I'm so excited! I love seeing all the creative ideas people come up with to put these packages together. I have so much fun shopping for my down line, but sometimes I run out of cute ideas to make it more than just a box of yarn or fiber, so I love seeing what others come up with.

As far as baking and food goes, I promise I'll be doing recipes soon. I have three different quick breads to share with you, I just haven't taken photos. So I think I'll be typing up the recipes without photos and sharing photos the next time I make them up.

I woke up an extra hour early today and am trying to avoid cleaning the kitchen with my spare time, can you tell?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oops, I originally had a theme, my SP, but fibrous beauty intervened, so you have to wait an extra month for the carefully planned theme box. This month you're just getting unrelated goodies that just couldn't wait.