Monday, July 16, 2007

Some progress...

I finished all the edging and the last sleeve on the baby sweater! So that is officially off the needles. I will add the final bits and pieces once I figure out who it's going to. It needs buttons and just a bit of trim on the sleeves.

MS3 has been put away for the time being. It is in a little zip lock baggie with all it's necessary bits and parts. I have made no progress on it in 2 whole weeks and after finishing the shawl, I just can't do lace right now. I'm going to keep downloading the clues and saving them, but I'll probably not pick it up again until this winter, sometime after Christmas. I have a worsted weight shawl I'm planning for a gift, and I think that's going to fill my lace urge for the next several months. It will be started once the weather cools down and the summer stuff is off my needles. I'll probably buy the yarn for it during our anniversary sale at work, or maybe get brave enough to spin it. I'm making a stop at Woodland Woolworks during our vacation this month, so I'll be on the lookout for fiber that might be appropriate for the new shawl.

I need to finish frogging Steven's sweater. It's sitting on my couch partially frogged because I need to double check my gauge before re-vamping the sweater.

And that means I will be casting on for Coachella next week. I'm going to power on with the oasis tank this week and hopefully get most of the way through that. My tofutsies socks will become a pair during vacation, or at least the second will get some progress. The Bearfoot socks are going to have to wait, that pattern takes too much concentration for hot weather knitting.

So the goals for finishing by mid august:
  • Coachella
  • Oasis Tank
  • Tofuties Socks

Not too bad of a list. I also need to organize the stash and see what in there I can use for Christmas Gifts. Once that short list is done, most of my knitting will revolve around planning for Christmas and re-working Steven's sweater. I will also need to figure out where I am in the Drops pattern so that I can get that off the needles.

No comments: