Sunday, July 22, 2007

The weekend's almost over... Booooo!


I'm sad the weekend's almost over! We've actually had a really great weekend, and this is a short week since we head down to the coast Friday morning, but I still don't want to go back to work this week. Our weather has finally gotten more mild and so it's much harder to be trapped inside for the duration of the work day. Since I go into work later, I can still do things in the morning, but it would be more fun if I didn't have to work.

So, our weekend! We went out to Bennington Lake yesterday. Lillie chased frogs and we walked along the ridge path. We met a unicycle rider with 6 little tiny dogs, none on leashes! It was a really nice trip and the lake is so pretty this time of year. It's also really nice in the winter, it completely freezes over and becomes much less populated.


I also did a lot of spinning. My SP fiber is already all gone. It was a blast to spin. It's about 48 yards and slightly thick-thin, worsted to bulky. Also pictured, baby alpaca handspun. Dk-Worsted, not too thick thin, but it does have a few thicker spots. Fiber was dyed by me.



See more weekend pictures on my flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8977774@N04/

I've also been working in the garden a lot this weekend. So I'll probably have garden pictures for you tomorrow. Later this evening, quick bread recipes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks so good. Your handspun is gorgeous. I'm so glad it was fun to spin.